March 2019 Update:
June 13th is now a school day.
February 2019 Update:
- Monday, February 18, 2019 as a day of school to replace Wednesday, January 30, 2019.
- Monday, June 10, 2019 as a day of school to replace Thursday, January 31, 2019.
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019 as a day of school to replace Friday, February 1, 2019.
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019 as a day of school to replace Monday, February 11, 2019.
We have received confirmation from the Pennsylvania Department of Education (P.D.E.) regarding our school calendar and our requirements to make-up the lost days due to the mold and air quality issues in September. As you know, we lost a total of six days at the Middle / High School and one day at the Elementary Center. P.D.E. is waiving one day out of our 180-day requirement. This means we do not have to make-up September 24 as a school day. This was the day both schools were closed.
Here is how we will make-up the five student days at the Middle / High School:
- Three Act 80 Days: November 12, 2018, January 25, 2019 and March 18, 2019 will become school days. The elementary will maintain the Act 80 days as planned.
- November 27, 2018 will become a school day. The elementary will maintain Parent / Teacher conferences as scheduled.
- April 22, 2019 will become a school day for the Middle / High School only. The elementary will be off as scheduled.
This plan allows the District to maintain two snow days in our calendar, should we have to use them later. Our last day of school is still scheduled for June 7, 2019.