Summer Break is here!
Time to kick back and relax!
And maybe spend a few minutes practicing at the computer keyboard? Sure! TypingWeb is available any day, any time. Students are encouraged to continue practicing for the summer months. There will be some changes for TypingWeb in the fall. If you're interested in a preview, send me an email so I can give you the information.The SUMDOG SUMMER CHALLENGE is active. Please encourage your student to login to his/her Sumdog account regularly and practice MATH!I will leave the "Links" page active so students have a quick way of getting to TypingWeb, Sumdog, GameGoo, and other websites we used in Information Technology classes.Remember!
- Students should demonstrate good posture--see the posture page at the beginning of each grade's typing activity listing.
- Students should keep their fingers in the Home Row position: Left Hand--A, S, D, F, thumb resting on keyboard frame; Right Hand--;, L, K, J, thumb on space bar.
- Daily practice of 15-20 minutes is the best way to continue to develop keyboarding skill.
- Eyes should be on the "copy" instead of the keyboard. A piece of paper taped to the edge of the keyboard or a piece of lightweight cloth laid over the hands after placement on the keyboard will keep the eyes where they should be and prevent "peeking".
- Please email me about your work. I will be checking my school email, firstname.lastname@example.org, throughout the summer break. I will try to check my email weekly, so please be patient.
Last Modified on June 6, 2022