Working in BurgettstownAccording to Board Policy 304, all teachers employed by the District, who teach core academic subjects shall be highly qualified, as defined by federal law and state regulations. The written certifications are maintained in the district office and are available to the public upon request.
> Professional Positions AvailableThe District does not have any vacancies currently for the 2019-20 school year.
The district participates in the PA-Educator.net employment services. Educators interested in employment with us should file their PA Standard Application and credentials on the PA-Educator site.See below for information about obtaining certification as a day-to-day sub.______________________________________________________________________________________> Support Staff Vacancies
The District is seeking bus drivers to transport students to and from school in the Burgettstown Area School District. Position available immediately. Will train qualified applicants. Drivers with a CDL with S endorsement desired. Must have clean driving record. Must be 21 years old.
Must have Pennsylvania drivers license. $22.43/hour. 55% paid Healthcare. Eligible for pension benefits. Approx. 20 hours/wk. Substitute positions also available. Please submit applications/resumes to Dr. James Walsh, 100 Bavington Road, Burgettstown, PA 15021. Questions can be directed to Mrs. Cheryl Slay, Director of Transportation, at 724-947-8148.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________> Coaching & Sponsor Opportunities7th & 8th Grade Cross Country Coach7th Grade Girls Basketball CoachMusical DirectorInterested Candidates should submit a letter of interest to the Superintendent's Office.______________________________________________________________________________________> Substitutes Needed
- Did you know anyone with a Bachelor's degree or higher could be hired to substitute in Pennsylvania Schools? Here in Burgettstown, we have a paid training program designed to help you take advantage of this opportunity and become approved to work in our schools as a day-to-day sub. For information or to begin the application, please contact the District at Substitute.Info.Contact.
- Para-professional positions - substitutes for clerical, classroom aide, and personal care aide positions (Candidates for para-professional positions must successfully complete a clerical test.) See this attachment for requirements.
- Bus Drivers
- Cafeteria Workers
- Sub Nurse (RN, CSN or BSN)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________The district participates in the PA-Educator.net employment services. Educators interested in employment with us should file their PA Standard Application and credentials on the PA-Educator site.Applications for any non-teaching position can be obtained in the district offices:100 Bavington RoadBurgettstown, PA 15021724-947-8136 x 308between the hours of 8 AM and 4 PM
NOTE: All substitute teachers are required by PA Act 48 of 2005 to have earned 180 continuing education credits every 5 years after certification. Teachers without the required hours are only permitted to work 90 days as a substitute teacher._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________It is the policy of the Burgettstown Area School District not to discriminate on the basis of sex, handicap, race, and national origin in its educational and vocational programs, activities, or employment as required by Title IX, Section 504, and Title VI.
- Bus drivers must have or being willing to secure CDL license
- All positions are subject to contractual rates of pay